A while ago we did a post about Gantt chart / RAG report. It explored some ideas and functionality for using Excel to track project progress and visualize it.
I started using it for various projects, and making improvements bit by bit. Here are the key changes:
1. Dates entered on the same worksheet as the Gantt Chart (much more practical)
2. Action Categories are colour coded automatically (up to 10 categories)
3. Weeks and Months were shown as numbers and are now dates (easier to understand)
4. Now able to view by Quarter (a high-level overview)
5. Choose the month your year starts for Quarter view (most likely useful to change between calendar year and financial year)
6. Optionally display non-workdays in Date view (UK Bank Holidays are shown as an example)
7. Sorting and filtering now available
So without further ado, here it is – The Best Excel Gantt Chart Ever from XLCalibre.
Is there anything you would change?